Monday, October 20, 2008

Apple of my eye..

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away..."
-English proverb-

"But two apples a day make your friends curious on whether you are dieting or not."
-Randy's Words of Wisdom-

Lately, I have been adopting the style of eating fruits for lunch. Instead of eating a full meal of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats for lunch, I eat 2 apples, last week was persimmons. There's no specific reason to why I started eating fruits for lunch..it wasn't for health, it wasn't to keep two doctors away, and it wasn't because of money....I just felt like it. It's funny how eating fruits sparked all kinds of comments from my loyal-to-rice friends...

"EXACTLY which part of you is fat?" challenged a plump girl....

"So you are on diet, huh? Wanna look good for who??" teased a friend of mine who recently found herself a boyfriend...

"Nasi lah....NASI!!" and she bangs the table to make sure she was heard. hahaha...

Well, no I'm not on diet. I thought that I was being too nice to everyone, so, if one single apple can corrupt Adam and Eve, imagine what two apples a day could do to me!! I'd be a full fledge devil within a week! hahaha...

Photobucket
But no, I just felt like eating fruits. Oh, I eat properly for breakfast and dinner so.....Mom, if you are reading this, don't worry about me not getting enough food and developing gastric. Eating fruits is surprisingly filling, two is enough to sustain me till school ends. And they don't cause afternoon drowsiness caused by eating too much for lunch.

But as for apples keeping the doctor away, that's bullshit. I'm down with flu now even after eating so many apples. Well, either it's bullshit or Japan have more doctors than apples.

Now I'm a quest to find out which fruit really keeps the doctor away(cure my flu)...

PS: Have you heard the rumour about how you will sneeze when someone is gossiping about you? Maybe, since I started eating apples, people talk about me so much that I developed flu...

23 comments:

m@y3 g@L said...

Suddenly change to eating apple of cos people would thought u dieting! Haha. During lunch time eat apple won't be a problem. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" Told u is 1 apple but now u eat 2 apples. Where the same? haha. Dun just keep eating apples only. Others fruits should eat as well!

Anonymous said...

the last time i saw this title "apple of my eye" i tot the author is getting a child, but in fact she is really getting an apple! 24"MacBook to be specific. hehe.

anyway, to ur answer of which fruit. I'd recommend lemon with red tea.
Contains high dose of natural vit C.

Anonymous said...

hey,good one..if i can eat fruits for lunch, think of the money i'ld save!oh, n oso for the healthy reasons.. really want to try leh.. so, how long do u intend to keep on this kind of diet?one yr? 2yrs?

but, u shd try other fruits too, so u don't get apple-overdosed, hehe..try different ones every week,then u can come up with a Randy's Conclusion of the Fruity Lunch Theory (RCFLT)..

Crabbed!! said...

>Maye
I ate persimmons last week...

>Wi
Lemon with red tea...you mean lemon tea? Yup, I drink a lot of those too...but still..

>sakura
It's just the spur of the moment...I might end this next week...or next month. I myself don't know..

I eat persimmons too...hmm, might be changing to pears after i finish my stock of apples...

Suba said...

someone once said(to me la....)an apple a day,keeps the doctor away,but if the doctor is cute,keep the apple away....lol...crap....maybe the pears might help...lol

Crabbed!! said...

>Suba
I'm a guy...so, I'll only stop eating apples if they change the proverb to
"An apple a day keeps the nurse away"

Pears, I will be eating a lot next week...

Anonymous said...

if i m in ur situation, runny nose , fever n sorethroat.
i'll drown myself with vit C, rest alot..and lotsa fluid.

Anonymous said...

Your life... sounds exciting. Haha. Don't bother about what other people say.

I say, eat whateva you want! Unless whateva you eat, makes you sick. That's a different story.

Crabbed!! said...

>Wi
Thanks for the adv doc...lotsa vit C and water. Rest...try to, but I've got a busy weekend...again. Sigh..

>Chong Shen
I try not to bother what people say but...like today,
"Randy, your face have gotten a little chubbier..no wonder you eat apples"

And no one said anything before i started fruit for lunch. How can I not bother?!!
Hmm..on a second thought, everyone is turning into a wiseass here. Gotta crabp more aggressively and claim my title once again...

Suba said...

stereotyping...the doctor could be a lady!!

missyjo said...

haha randy did you perm your hair or something? i can't remember your hair being so curly

Crabbed!! said...

>suba
Well, a sexy nurse somehow sounds sexier than a sexy doctor so..haha. You know I'm just kidding right?
I am aware of female doctors too but...you know, whatever sounds funnier..

>MissyJo
Me? Perm my hair?? hahaha...no of course not.

Well, my hair is VERY curly...I'm always trying new hair wax to uncurl it.

My twisted hair have got something to do with my twisted mind...

Crabbed!! said...

>Missyjo
Btw, that pic was taken a year ago..^^

m@y3 g@L said...

Wah, randy! i think u got to post another post blog with this title too... Got so many left comments here. Jealous me..hahahahaha

Crabbed!! said...

>Maye
Haha...the next one with the same title would probably be about my new gf(if I ever get one..T_T) or just like Wi's friend, about a Apple Macbook.

Mt. said...

i eat 3 apples a day, so u can guess how fat I am .. hee hee hee..

Crabbed!! said...

>Michael
Hi Michael...^^

3 apples a day? And you are...fat? Sheesh, better change my fruit diet to something else.

Never knew apples can make you fat...

"3 apples a day keeps your pants away(have to buy new one)"
-Randy's Words of Wisdom-

Jasmine Teh said...

try taking vege only then-->
being vegetarian few days a week keeps your pants away(have to buy new one..smaller size one^.^)
-my words of wisdom-
:p

Anonymous said...

ibarakian like own words of wisdom?

terkejut aku see u say u eat apples for lunch..
omg for lunch!!
maybe i might need to eat another two after two hours...

Crabbed!! said...

>Jasmine
Vegetarian? HARrrr...!!!
I eat apples not because of diet-lah...(^_^;

Just felt like eating fruits. Eating pears now..haha

Don't tell me...you think I'm fat too?? T_T

>Ns29
You didn't know? I use to eat a lot of fruits too back in Ibaraki...fruits there taste much better. ^^

Anonymous said...

Randy!!!

Let's not talk about you eating apple, just watch the HK apple of yours ok??

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2QNbrvuCbUU&feature=related

Crabbed!! said...

>Ven

Hey thanx!

Jasmine Teh said...

yea..not because of diet..but vege salad taste nice too..:p..you are fat?No....:)