Thursday, October 16, 2008

Randy vs. Disney....

A remark by a friend today have had me thinking....what do other people think of me?

Today, during lunch, a bunch of my female friends were talking excitedly about attending Disney on Ice, which is to be held on the 25th October here in Niigata Prefecture. They were all discussing about which seats to take, who would be driving in whose car, which favorite character will be skating on Ice...
Then one of them saw me listening on them and innocently asked me if I want to join them...all I could do was smile when another said

"Randy and Disney on Ice? That's just IMPOSSIBLE!! It's so wrong..."

I'm sorry if I have given the tough guy/macho image but, I LIKE Disney...What? Tall, well built guys can't love Daisy Duck? Tough guys can't like Ariel the half-tuna? Macho man can't dance to the Mickey Mouse song? Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that I'm macho, tough guy....but I'm just making a point here. What is so weird about a full grown man lining up among small kids to take photos with Mickey Mouse? Disney don't discriminate right?
Yes, I admit that it's damn embarrassing to fight with kids to get a chance at photos....but....nothing wrong, right?

Long have I been understood.....but once again, I'm a sucker for cute cartoon characters. Especially the ones that I grew up watching.

If you really wanna know, I adore Donald Duck and I LOVE Ariel the Sardine.

Photobucket

9 comments:

m@y3 g@L said...

U got nothing wrong man! Even me if saw Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck i might do the same as u. Lining up waiting to take photo with! Haha. I love Tom & Jerry! Still remember when i was a kid, i must watch Tom & Jerry before having my aftnoon nap! haha! Even till now love to watch it! But just lining up to wait for ur turns to take photo. Dun bully the children ya! Hahahaha... :p

Anonymous said...

disney character not my favourite.

Baja Hitam!!!! Dragon ball !!!

Ganeindran said...

emm nothing wrong there i guess, but stop calling ariel a tuna... it sounds so wrong... i like cartoons too still watch them often... but ike u're fren said also... dun bully the children...

Crabbed!! said...

>Maye
You're right, there's nothing wrong liking cartoon characters...my friends of the same age does that and no one said anything. Must be my built...tall guys aren't made to fit Disney.

>Wi
Oh yeah...baja hitam, too bad they don't have a theme park called "Black Fertilizer". Can you imagine the smell of the place??

>Ganeindran
I DON'T bully kids...but they do silent when I turn to look at them. ...

Anonymous said...

no worries...even i love cartoons..its not a sin to love them rite?its jz...wow..thinking dat even u love cartoons..shock me a little bit..^^

Crabbed!! said...

>Everyone
see?

"even u love cartoons"
"shock me a little bit"

SEE?? This is what I mean...

Wait..On a second thought, this may actually be better than everyone thinking I love cute cartoons characters.
It'll be unbearable if everyone start teasing me about Daisy and Minnie...

stevelee67 said...

this is and old story..right ?!!

calvin said...

then i think it is a normal thing for me to have a liking for disney cartoons :D

Crabbed!! said...

>steve lee
Nope...happened on Thursday.

Nabilah was the one who said "Impossible!!"

>calvin
We should visit Disney together someday. Our height advantage would enable us great photos....