Monday, July 16, 2007

Japan, Land of Rising sun...rising wave and earth as well...did I mention wind? Well, rain too....

Well Kelly, I guess so....everyone's a sucker. The only difference was that I realised that later than anyone else. Wait....if...if everyone's a sucker, then that also means that no one is, right? Yeah, I guess so too. And uhh...just in case you got insulted by me calling you a sucker..well, I'm sorry you're a sucker as well. hahaha...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After going through what I went through these few days, I've yet drawn another conclusion on Japan. Either God really hate Japanese or that japanese happened to draw the short straw when choosing place to create a settlement.

Why do I say that? Well, Japan happen to be the most natural disaster prone in the world...well, other than the Bermuda Triangle of course, but that's in the middle of the ocean so that don't really count. These last few days I...well, we students in Japan had to face the typhoon. And when at long last the winds and rain died, it followed with an earthquake for an encore.

Now, anybody who had experienced typhoon would tell you that it's more than just having a standing fan turned on full blast while someone shoots at you with a water gun. It's more like winds bearing the wrath of gods unleashed while a legion of angels cry with sympathy over our suffering. The worst yet I saw on the news was a van overturned by the force of the winds, beach fronts have to deal with waves 9 meters high....and flash floods arrived as unexpected as an annoying salesman at your door. My most sincere condolences to the families whose member got swept away by torrents of water.
Well, lucky for me that my place(It's called IBARAKI, please remember it and stop asking me where am I in Japan) usually escapes the maximum damage. BUT.....we may not have overturned vans.... but we do have our garbage bins overturned. Now this I can't understand, how can a garbage bin full of ...well, garbage...be overturned? Human waste can be very heavy and yet the winds decided to play a prank on us and spill all of our embarrassing secrets all over the yard!!

Sigh...but like they say, sun will eventually shine and brighten up our lives with it's abundant smile. But whoever said that don't know that earthquake can also happen in broad daylight!! Different from the honest, dark and moody rain, earthquake's like a hypocrite lawyer who smiles at you but then shake up sooooo bad...I have a friend up north where the epicenter was.....the same place I'm heading to next year. Thanks goodness he survived the 6.8 earthquake. 300 buildings were leveled....700 people died while 6 were injured....wait a minute...sorry, it's the other way round. But then again, at 6.8 anyone would expect that much right? Damn.....I chose the wrong place for a Uni.

Like I said, either god hates Japanese for some reason that only god knows....or that they drew a short straw a billion years ago. Well, at least the got the girls to wear miniskirts all the time so to convince people remain on this island.

3 comments:

stevelee67 said...

ya such a disaster~prone island but thats what make Japanese strong !!

NO37 said...

Phew... Guess its pretty bad huh. Hmmmm don't worry you're still alive enuff to enjoy good food...Better food when you come back. Ibaraki? OK will remember it now since it sounds like barracks already... =)

Kelly said...

Japan..Hard to live here..Not only Japan happen to be the most natural disaster prone in the world,the weather is also killing.Either it gets too cold or too hot..And what's with the noisy bugs during summer???Arrrghhhh