Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Cullinary Carelessness...

It's bound to happen....sooner or later it'll happen someday.

The unavoidable, inevitable....salt and sugar mix-up. You see, I was cooking sambal the other day. I've already salted the chicken i was gonna chuck in, plus ikan bilis and the asam jawa water. So, as you can see, no salt is needed. But SUGAR is needed though.
What i did was reached for the spoon, shoved it in the packet of white stuff, and just poured it in my sambal. I realised my mistake only when..."eh? I thought sugar grain wasn't that fine....looks like salt.", licked the spoon....and DOGGONE IT!!! I put in salt instead of sugar!! Gawd....now I'm gonna suffer kidney failure instead of diabetes.
Anyway, managed to salvage my precious sambal by scooping out the "salted" part. I later put in SUGAR....real, sweet sugar and not salty sugar ....and my sambal turn out great. Let me tell you I enjoyed my sambal vey very much. So much i was on the verge of ecstacy....it was...an exsalted ...sorry, exalted feeling.

Anyway, thinking that experience automatically qualifies me as a cook...i was once again proud and arrogant. And then it happen....
Right just now, I was fixing myself a soup. The carrot, potato and pork soup. Anyway, while skinning the potato.....i accidently skinned my thumb!! Well, not sure if i should say skinned because it looks more like a chunk of flesh went along with it. Sigh....cooking is dangerous. I should stop cooking myself and start looking for a girlfriend already....
Anyway, soup tasted grrrreat.....GASP!!! Did i just say i enjoyed my soup? my a-bit-of-human-flesh-in-it soup?....oh....my...gawd....I just took the first step towards cannibalism!

HELP!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yuck..ur thumb??gross...btw,kousen list out already..sad to say,you will not here from us gals to Ibaraki..No bushitsu..this year taihen kibishi for the gals..very very very limited choice..tell you after exam next week..jya ne..ps:in the meantime..go to the restaurant and save yourself all the trouble lar