Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What it takes to live together...

One of the most famous phrase written in the bible is "Love thy neighbour".

Knowing that, you can say that only god knows how hard is it to love your neighbour....which means that its pretty damn hard.

We all have our fair share of living with ugly neighbours. While many of us have been a bit shy in talking about it, Borat more or less sums it up :

Borat : Do Jesus like me?
Church Pastor : Absolutely, Jesus loves you
Borat : Do Jesus like my sons?
Church Pastor : Jesus loves your sons
Borat : Do Jesus love my retard brother Bilo?
Church Pastor : Jesus loves your brother Bilo
Borat : Do Jesus love my neighbour Nushuktan Tulyiagby?
Church Pastor : Yes, Jesus loves everyone.
Borat : Nobody like my neighbour, Nushuktan Tulyiagby...

All these time watching movies and dramas, I've never quite understood why couples find it so difficult to decide whether or not to live with each other...just like that scene in Yes Man, where Jim Carrey hesitated when he was asked if he wants to live with that girl.

Before furthering my studies to Uni, when I was speaking to one of my seniors about Uni life, he said that it was very, very difficult to live with other people. Quarrels and disagreement happen on daily basis, and that I had better think very carefully if I want to share apartment with someone else. Said that I was going to live with a friend of mine, and I'm sure that things will turn out ok....but he instead said,
"He may be your good friend, but even that, you'll start to quarrel after a few months. Yeah he's still your good friend, but it will not be easy living with him".

Early last year, I was blessed with the opportunity of living with an old friend of mine. I lived across him back in our UTM days where we studied Japanese before going to Japan, and he looks bearable to live with. And so, March last year, I moved in with him...

Things was okay in the beginning. Garbage and dishes are taken care of, kitchen is cleaned on weekly basis, we cycled to school together...

One year have passed.....

This morning, we headed out to school at the same time....something that have not happen for about 10 months. I was thinking, "Wow, it's been a really long time since we cycle to school together!!". BUT....

as I turned to lock the door, I saw he was already on his bicycle!!

By the time I got both my feet on the pedals, he was already far ahead. Now, that is pretty darn strange considering that we share an apartment.

Wow....how did we end up like this...

This have got me thinking, it's not easy living with another person...and I suddenly had new found respect for my mother as she had to live with me AND my brother for 17 years...

It's amazing that my mother have not gone "completely insane". I use the term "completely insane" because.....well, those who have met my mother will know that my mother isn't exactly "normal".

Sigh...guess I'll just have to be patient for another 3 months. After that, I'm moving out....

This time, I think I'll live alone....

20 comments:

dibdibadibah said...

and that`s why i`m living alone,hehe.

Crabbed!! said...

hmm... smart choice!!

ns29 said...

It will be even more difficult when there are money matters + responsibility matters

Kelly said...

I'll see how long I can last.

Crabbed!! said...

>Ns29
Already had that, thank you.
Was not pleasant at all...

>Kelly
Nah...Melaka guys are good guys. I'm sure you'll do fine...haha

Anonymous said...

Randy, maybe that day he need to rush to school for something important leh...dont care so much.
do u all spend your night togather? i mean after school, do u all sembang-sembang awhile? if like that should be no problem ar...
You will suffer more if u choose to live with a girl.haha..coz u know lar, girls always spend too much time in toilet to make-up etc...

calvin said...

Hmmm, like they put it, you only will know the true colours (it can be either positive or negative aspects) of the person when you are living together with him/her.

Kelly said...

To anonymous:I disagree with you on the part where girls will spend too much time in the toilet etc.It's a bit biased in my opinion..If that is the case,may I say that guys are literally the messier party?It's a bit unfair don't you think?

stevelee67 said...

haha..such a small matter..dont mind

I have no prob living together..

keyword: mind ur own business..:p

>For me,living with girl will be much better :p

Crabbed!! said...

>Anonymous
We had the same class that morning....and no, there was no need to rush...
And I don't think its boy/girl thing...its living with another person...haih.

>Calvin
positive? Is that possible? There's actually a positive side when living with another person?

Well, other than getting to eat delicious cakes(if you stay with clement), I don't see any other "positive" thing...

>Kelly
Both guys and girls can be messy...believe it or not I've seen girls messier than me. But yeah, I suppose guys are messier generally...

>Steve
Mind own business....yeah, we pretty much live like that. But "own business" starts to smell and fungus grows over it....then that's a problem isn't it??

calvin said...

You missed out something. You get to eat nice biscuits when you're staying with me lol xD

Crabbed!! said...

Biscuits? I stayed with you before??
Don't quite remember...

calvin said...

Just an example ;)

Ben Foo said...

-.-b

anonymous no.2 said...

i agree with anonymous above. I've stay with my gf before.That time she quarrelled with her parents and came to my place.I thought i was so lucky because got girl stay with me! but i was wrong.

Every morning we woke up almost at the same time and here comes the problem. As a gentleman, i let her uses the toilet 1st. but,i didnt expected that she spent 2 hours in toilet just to make-up and changed clothes!! My stomach pain wnn pangsai also couldnt go in. To Miss Kelly , you know how suffer i was? She was even more messier than me. She threw all her under or bra just like that on my bed!!Luckily after few days she went back. Phewwwww...........

ns29 said...

lol
i have to say
it is a fact that girls have more steps to do in toilet than guys

BUT
2 hrs is over la
if I am 2 hrs in toilet, pls break the toilet door coz most probably I fainted inside liaw~~

Crabbed!! said...

>Anonymous 2
Haih...just ask her to change in your room!! hehe...


>Ns29
haha...yeah...it's so easy when you can do it standing. ehem...excuse me.

Anyway, yeah...you being in the toilet for 2 hours...not possible yet.

Kelly said...

To anonymous no2:That's why I said its biased.This things is not based on guys or girls.It's based on the individual.

What I meant on my first comment was its unfair to say that girls use up a lot of time in the toilet,whereas its also unfair to say guys are the messier lot.

I'm sorry your gf is messier than you,and she is not MY gf,so I wouldn't know how much you suffer.Sorry

CS ^_^ said...

thanks randy for praising melaka guys!! :P

Crabbed!! said...

Hahaha....

Well, you know lah...melaka guys very steady one..lol